Brekky's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Brekky's Forum

just a place to chat about whatever your heart desires

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

10 Things I Hate About You

Go down 
+3
Crazy T-Shirt
HiddenxEmbers
guitarXheroine
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:41 pm

guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
the reason i think that it's immoral #1 it says it's wrong in the bible that I read. #2 many people in my family and those which i look up to (example: my pastor or my cousin) and also many people in my school also look down upon gays. i am not saying that all people other than gays are flawless, because i know that we're far from it... but hey at least we admit when we do something wrong that it was wrong. you'll never find a gay that believes that what he is doing is wrong. well obviously we don't treat all sinners the same now do we? do i treat a murderer the same as i treat a gay? no. so how do we decide how to treat each other?

but you are supposed to love everyone unconditionally. i know for a fact that it says that in your bible. you are supposed to love your neighbor as you love yourself. there were no exceptions to that rule. there was no 'only don't love the person if they are gay' or 'dont love the person if they are a sinner.' our goal as christians is to be able to follow God's example as closely as we can. God loves everyone no matter what. He does not turn anyone away.

or try the golden rule: treat others the way you want to be treated. would you want someone to hate you for being who you are? how lonely would you feel if a society was against you and no one opened their arms to you? you are reminding me of the parable of the good samaritan. you are one of the people that walked past the man who was bleeding. you just dont want to get your hands dirty becasue you wont be perfect and clean like you think God wants you to be. i dont know why i am waisting my time though because no matter what i say you still wont listen.

i never said that i would hate the person i couldn't never have the respect for them and their desicion but i would never be mean to their face. god loves everyone no matter what, but that doesn't mean that he likes all of their desicions. he won't turn anyone away if they listen to what he tells them.

and as far as i can tell the man on the road in the good samaritan story hadn't committed a sin. he had been beaten and robbed. gays commit a sin.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:42 pm

BreakfastClub wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
and i think it's stupid to think that god intended the same sex to be together

And I think it's stupid to think that God intended sin to enter the world in the first place. But hey it's His plan don't question it.

that wasn't gods fault sin entered the world, it was ours... (and i guess the devil as well) and i think that homosexuality is one of those sins that we have invented not god...
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:47 pm

Lukesed wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
well obviously we don't treat all sinners the same now do we? do i treat a murderer the same as i treat a gay?

We know from the bible that god sees all sinners the same. But we also know that all sins have different earthly results. Murder is looked on a the worst sin because it results in the worst earthly event, the death of a sentient being. Lieing about the way clothes look is a sin as well, but the worst thing it can do is maybe give someone a false impression about thier appearance.

So we judge the earthly severity of sins based on the physical harm they cause. Being gay in and of itself hurts no one. Any harm that does come about about indirectly is becuase of other people's bigoted reaction to it. It certainly isn't something to refuse to associate witht someone for, let alone hate them.

well if it's a sin in god's eyes then why don't you take it seriously? just because it doesn't anyone doesn't mean it's any better of a sin...
Back to top Go down
guitarXheroine
Owie
Owie
guitarXheroine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
the reason i think that it's immoral #1 it says it's wrong in the bible that I read. #2 many people in my family and those which i look up to (example: my pastor or my cousin) and also many people in my school also look down upon gays. i am not saying that all people other than gays are flawless, because i know that we're far from it... but hey at least we admit when we do something wrong that it was wrong. you'll never find a gay that believes that what he is doing is wrong. well obviously we don't treat all sinners the same now do we? do i treat a murderer the same as i treat a gay? no. so how do we decide how to treat each other?

but you are supposed to love everyone unconditionally. i know for a fact that it says that in your bible. you are supposed to love your neighbor as you love yourself. there were no exceptions to that rule. there was no 'only don't love the person if they are gay' or 'dont love the person if they are a sinner.' our goal as christians is to be able to follow God's example as closely as we can. God loves everyone no matter what. He does not turn anyone away.

or try the golden rule: treat others the way you want to be treated. would you want someone to hate you for being who you are? how lonely would you feel if a society was against you and no one opened their arms to you? you are reminding me of the parable of the good samaritan. you are one of the people that walked past the man who was bleeding. you just dont want to get your hands dirty becasue you wont be perfect and clean like you think God wants you to be. i dont know why i am waisting my time though because no matter what i say you still wont listen.

i never said that i would hate the person i couldn't never have the respect for them and their desicion but i would never be mean to their face. god loves everyone no matter what, but that doesn't mean that he likes all of their desicions. he won't turn anyone away if they listen to what he tells them.

and as far as i can tell the man on the road in the good samaritan story hadn't committed a sin. he had been beaten and robbed. gays commit a sin.

dude! you so said you hated gays!!!!!

10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minipostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You 10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:23 pm

no it wouldn't be perverted to see two seperate genders falling in love cause that's how it's supposed to be... i hate gays...

Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/4evernoturs
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm

I hate that they're gay stupid and i would never be friends w/ a gay so you could say i hate them. and i never said that i would go up to a gay and be like "i hate you"
Back to top Go down
Lukesed
Sexy Boobie
Sexy Boobie

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:08 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
I hate that they're gay stupid and i would never be friends w/ a gay so you could say i hate them. and i never said that i would go up to a gay and be like "i hate you"
You still haven't answered what makes being gay worse than any other harmless sin, I'm sure you and all of your friends have lied etc. before. If it is worthy of hate (even if you only hate the sin) it should have some horrible earthly affect, like murder does for instance.
Back to top Go down
guitarXheroine
Owie
Owie
guitarXheroine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

hey asshole! dont take your anger out on me!
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:15 pm

sins are not harmless luke what don't you get about that? every sin has it's consequence. and unlike you i don't just wanna standby and let everyone else think that what they do is just ok... yeah and i've been punished for most of my lies whether directly or indirectly... and no it doesn't need to have a horrible earthly affect does lying and never getting caught have any earthly affect? no but it's still a sin...
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:16 pm

guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

and hey so far i'm the only guy in this room getting bashed for what i believe so suck it up and deal w/ it...
Back to top Go down
Lukesed
Sexy Boobie
Sexy Boobie

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
sins are not harmless luke what don't you get about that? every sin has it's consequence. and unlike you i don't just wanna standby and let everyone else think that what they do is just ok... yeah and i've been punished for most of my lies whether directly or indirectly... and no it doesn't need to have a horrible earthly affect does lying and never getting caught have any earthly affect? no but it's still a sin...
Exactly... it's a sin... like lying is. Do you refuse to be friends with liars? Do you hate them, but just not say it to their faces? There is definitely more going on here with the gay thing or you wouldn't be so vehement about it. What about people who listen to rock music? (are you one of the types that think thats a sin?)

Quote :
and hey so far i'm the only guy in this room getting bashed for what i believe so suck it up and deal w/ it...
Bigotry isn't the same as any other opinion or belief, because of what it leads to. It is the height of ignorance, to judge the whole of a person in a completely arbitrary factor. If I say something blatantly racist I deserve to get bashed for it. This is no different.
Back to top Go down
guitarXheroine
Owie
Owie
guitarXheroine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 5:04 am

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

we werent bashing you. we were jusst trying to get you to see things the way we see it. and you just want me to sit here and let you take ur anger out on me?
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 am

Hey Cameron, isnt hating someone a sin too?? Or does that just not apply to you? Just saying...maybe you should think that one over
Back to top Go down
Lukesed
Sexy Boobie
Sexy Boobie

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:52 am

HiddenxEmbers wrote:
Hey Cameron, isnt hating someone a sin too?? Or does that just not apply to you? Just saying...maybe you should think that one over
And hate, unlike being gay, actually leads to violence.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:44 pm

guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

we werent bashing you. we were jusst trying to get you to see things the way we see it. and you just want me to sit here and let you take ur anger out on me?

you were telling me that everything that i believe is wrong. and hey i'm not taking my anger out on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:45 pm

HiddenxEmbers wrote:

hey you hate the way i don't like gays which is hating a part of me so back off
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 5:24 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
HiddenxEmbers wrote:

hey you hate the way i don't like gays which is hating a part of me so back off

Ahhh. And do you have proof of this hatred of your hatred of gays? Maybe you should tell me when i said "Cameron, i hate the way you hate gays". Hmm... I think you need to learn to get better support for the statements you make. I may not agree with your belief or behavior towards gays, but I can't change that. And I'll continue living life knowing I'm right, while you can go about your business as you please.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:44 pm

HiddenxEmbers wrote:
OMG CAMERON MY COUSIN IS GAY!!!
You know what dont talk to me. i hate you, cause you hate gay ppl.
Now what?!?!

hmmm... i feel the love... enough proof there?

and i'll continue my life knowing that you're wrong... and it also seems you've been trying o so hard to get me to think that my opinion is wrong and change it. maybe you shouldn't be preaching that we should be loving everyone...
Back to top Go down
guitarXheroine
Owie
Owie
guitarXheroine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 pm

[quote="Crazy T-Shirt"]
guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
guitarXheroine wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

you called me stupid! i call that anger.

you were telling me that everything that i believe is wrong. and hey i'm not taking my anger out on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:25 pm

saying i hate you for something i believe in is anger. and you're w/ her so i'm just gonna assume you're all on the same page here. and calling you stupid is anger how is it anger?
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
HiddenxEmbers wrote:
OMG CAMERON MY COUSIN IS GAY!!!
You know what dont talk to me. i hate you, cause you hate gay ppl.
Now what?!?!

hmmm... i feel the love... enough proof there?

and i'll continue my life knowing that you're wrong... and it also seems you've been trying o so hard to get me to think that my opinion is wrong and change it. maybe you shouldn't be preaching that we should be loving everyone...

I dont classify "hating you" as the same as hating your belief. I can hate someone but totally agree with them on something (which in this case is obviously not happening). Of course I don't really hate you, we're friends but your thinking is way different from mine and i dont agree with it, but hating it wont make anything different. I can only disagree and keep stressing my side of the arguement. So think whatever you may, cause i'm tired of this discussion as it is obviously going nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 4:42 pm

hating my belief is basically hating a part of me... i hate the peoples choices to be gay i won't just go up at and hate them to their face like i've said before...
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 6:25 pm

ok whatever. i'm done with this neverending discussion. you do what you do.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:16 pm

alright i will...
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:59 pm

ok then!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Rhythm
Owie
Owie
Johnny Rhythm

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 7:26 pm

I really don't mind gays/lesbians myself. Though the Bible does say it's wrong, we shouldn't hate the people because of it.

And I really don't mind lesbians. Being a lesbian just means you like what I like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/the_ballinest_of_theballa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Things I Hate About You
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next