Brekky's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Brekky's Forum

just a place to chat about whatever your heart desires

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

10 Things I Hate About You

Go down 
+3
Crazy T-Shirt
HiddenxEmbers
guitarXheroine
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BreakfastClub
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
BreakfastClub

10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Of course that's possible, but that's completely different. He's still attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex or whatever his orientation is. He just chooses not to act on those urges because of his religious beliefs. He's not changing his orientation, he is just not acting on his attractions. BIG difference from choosing to be gay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/breakfastclub98
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:14 pm

hm and i've seen on tv gays that claim to be christians shouldn't they be able to control their urges just like a christian should.
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:16 pm

omg you are totally missing the point.
Your impossible to talk to...
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:18 pm

no you're impossible to talk to because you just blow off everything i say. you just think that everything i say is wrong and whatever they say is right. because as far as i can tell you haven't done anything to argue your point except agree w/ matt and luke...
Back to top Go down
BreakfastClub
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
BreakfastClub

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:31 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
hm and i've seen on tv gays that claim to be christians shouldn't they be able to control their urges just like a christian should.

They obviously don't believe the same way you do, but that doesn't make them wrong. The Bible is totally up to interpretation. What might be wrong to some might not be wrong to others. That's what the basis of Christianity is anyway. Belief.
Back to top Go down
Lukesed
Sexy Boobie
Sexy Boobie

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
So you admit that gay people do actually exist and aren't faking it or whatever, they just shouldn't have sex, ever?
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
no you're impossible to talk to because you just blow off everything i say. you just think that everything i say is wrong and whatever they say is right. because as far as i can tell you haven't done anything to argue your point except agree w/ matt and luke...

No actually i have by supporting what other have already said which coincides with what i think, therefore i dont feel the need to be repeatative. But if you insist. People are born gay, and do not choose to be gay, because thats how God made them. Their sexual urges are different than those of someone who is straight, and they cant help that. You would never be with a man, and a gay guy would never be with a woman, because the very thought of it may repulse them just as it would for you to think of yourself being with a guy. If a they had the choice, i'm pretty sure some would like to change the way they are because of the constant criticism which they receive on a daily basis thanks to people like you. Others feel proud of the way they are, and dont need the exceptance of others. But of course, you have to see things the hard way and believe that they can do something about the way they were born. My cousin is happy with her gf, because she makes her feel complete. She makes her feel happy, because she loves her, and she cant help that. You cant help who you fall in love with. Its been said that lesbians are attracted to women for various reasons, one being the gentleness in which other women treat each other as opposed to the touch of a man. Women take into consideration each others feeling, whereas, lesbians feel that they can not get that from a man. I could go on explaining more reasons in which lesbians are attracted to women, but the most important one is that they are definatley born that way and they cant help that.
Back to top Go down
guitarXheroine
Owie
Owie
guitarXheroine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:23 pm

you don't understand how much pain someone goes through when they start to realize that their sexual orientation is someting other than straight. it is one of the worst things someone in society today could go through. you don't pick it, like everyone else has said. why would someone want to choose to put themselves through so much pain?! it is the worst when you come from a catholic family, and you lose sleep over whether or not they will accept you. you feel the worst emotional pain you will ever feel. some people start to hate themselves for it. why would someone want to choose to hate themself?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/4evernoturs
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Its themselves...but i'm just saying....
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:23 pm

BreakfastClub wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

They obviously don't believe the same way you do, but that doesn't make them wrong. The Bible is totally up to interpretation. What might be wrong to some might not be wrong to others. That's what the basis of Christianity is anyway. Belief.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Lev 20:13 (KJV)

well matt that seems to be interpreted pretty good. but i'm curious... amuse me how would you interpret this? is gay wrong in this verse or totally fine?

o and last i checked i thought this might have been yours and most of the people on the forums Belief too... guess not...

Last edited by on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:24 pm

Lukesed wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
So you admit that gay people do actually exist and aren't faking it or whatever, they just shouldn't have sex, ever?

luke interpret it however you want. sure they should never have sex that's my belief...
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 pm

HiddenxEmbers wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

No actually i have by supporting what other have already said which coincides with what i think, therefore i dont feel the need to be repeatative. But if you insist. People are born gay, and do not choose to be gay, because thats how God made them. Their sexual urges are different than those of someone who is straight, and they cant help that. You would never be with a man, and a gay guy would never be with a woman, because the very thought of it may repulse them just as it would for you to think of yourself being with a guy. If a they had the choice, i'm pretty sure some would like to change the way they are because of the constant criticism which they receive on a daily basis thanks to people like you. Others feel proud of the way they are, and dont need the exceptance of others. But of course, you have to see things the hard way and believe that they can do something about the way they were born. My cousin is happy with her gf, because she makes her feel complete. She makes her feel happy, because she loves her, and she cant help that. You cant help who you fall in love with. Its been said that lesbians are attracted to women for various reasons, one being the gentleness in which other women treat each other as opposed to the touch of a man. Women take into consideration each others feeling, whereas, lesbians feel that they can not get that from a man. I could go on explaining more reasons in which lesbians are attracted to women, but the most important one is that they are definatley born that way and they cant help that.

ok let me ask you (and take this question seriously) if you truely deep down wanted to start liking the same sex RIGHT NOW... could you do it? and the answer should be yes. if you have the will power you can choose to do anything. and you can find those qualities in guys. i bet they were just looking in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:33 pm

guitarXheroine wrote:
you don't understand how much pain someone goes through when they start to realize that their sexual orientation is someting other than straight. it is one of the worst things someone in society today could go through. you don't pick it, like everyone else has said. why would someone want to choose to put themselves through so much pain?! it is the worst when you come from a catholic family, and you lose sleep over whether or not they will accept you. you feel the worst emotional pain you will ever feel. some people start to hate themselves for it. why would someone want to choose to hate themself?

o and i'm sure you understand that it must be alot of pain... so how do you know how much pain they're going through? and why would they be so ashamed to be gay if it isn't wrong? hmmmm... tough question... why do you think that it weighs so heavily on their conscience the thought of them being gay? maybe idk the fact that God is trying to tell them it's wrong don't do it?
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:35 pm

HiddenxEmbers wrote:
Its themselves...but i'm just saying....

it's who they are would have been a better sentence... but i'm just saying...
Back to top Go down
guitarXheroine
Owie
Owie
guitarXheroine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 6:29 am

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
guitarXheroine wrote:

o and i'm sure you understand that it must be alot of pain... so how do you know how much pain they're going through? and why would they be so ashamed to be gay if it isn't wrong? hmmmm... tough question... why do you think that it weighs so heavily on their conscience the thought of them being gay? maybe idk the fact that God is trying to tell them it's wrong don't do it?

i would know because i used to be bisexual. yeah, i said it. go ahead and hate me cameron. thats how i would know how much pain they go through. you're ashamed b/c society says its wrong. and it weighed so much on my conscience because my dad is a homophobic like you. a narrow minded bastard who has never been there for me. so you know what cameron, hate me. hate me all you want because i found women attractive. i still do sometimes. but i dont care what you think about me. my sexual orientation doesnt change who i really am. but i guess you're to narrow minded to see that.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:05 am

wait if you used to be bi, then that means you have chosen not to be bi anymore. you've just admitted to being able to choose. and have you ever thought that your dad isn't homophobic it's just that he believes that being gay is wrong... and i'm not homophobic i'm not afraid of them i just believe that them being gay is wrong...

and i'm not narrow-minded... you are narrow minded if you just reject everything i say as false...
Back to top Go down
guitarXheroine
Owie
Owie
guitarXheroine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:31 am

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
wait if you used to be bi, then that means you have chosen not to be bi anymore. you've just admitted to being able to choose. and have you ever thought that your dad isn't homophobic it's just that he believes that being gay is wrong... and i'm not homophobic i'm not afraid of them i just believe that them being gay is wrong...

and i'm not narrow-minded... you are narrow minded if you just reject everything i say as false...

it wasnt a choice. you dont choose to get turned on by someone of the same sex. and it was a phase. most girls go through it. u dont choose. some guys go through the phase too. its called hormones and being a teenager. and i would never choose to be a lesbian b/c it was one of the worst things i have been through. and im not narrow minded, you are. you are the one that is rejecting everything that we are saying.
Back to top Go down
Lukesed
Sexy Boobie
Sexy Boobie

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:12 am

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
That chapter is full of different sexual crimes, some of which are really despicable acts and some of which are laughable. Why you should pick this particular one to hate someone for is beyond me.

In literally five seconds on google I found a page with several interpretations of what verse 13 says and how it is translated from hebrew: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh3.htm

Now you may come away from this still believing your interpretation, but you simply must admit that there is another side that is at least worth admitting exists.
Back to top Go down
BreakfastClub
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
BreakfastClub

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 11:25 am

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
BreakfastClub wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

well matt that seems to be interpreted pretty good. but i'm curious... amuse me how would you interpret this? is gay wrong in this verse or totally fine?

o and last i checked i thought this might have been yours and most of the people on the forums Belief too... guess not...

I don't take this verse literally. Quite frankly, I consider it nothing more than an ancient law code. Don't you believe something similar to that? Take this for example: kill an ox that kills a man. You don't take that literally do you? I harldy take any of the Bible literally. Besides, the Bible was written 2,000 years ago by ancient scribes and monks that knew nothing about science. I don't really believe most of the outlandish events that are recorded in the Bible, such as the Flood, for instance. The very idea that a 100 year old man 2,000 years ago could have built a ship large enough to house 2 of every animal and that the ship could have withstanded the worst storm in history sounds absurd. And neither do I take those law codes in Leviticus seriously.
Back to top Go down
HiddenxEmbers
Owie
Owie
HiddenxEmbers

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 3:34 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
HiddenxEmbers wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

ok let me ask you (and take this question seriously) if you truely deep down wanted to start liking the same sex RIGHT NOW... could you do it? and the answer should be yes. if you have the will power you can choose to do anything. and you can find those qualities in guys. i bet they were just looking in the wrong place.

Actually no, i couldnt because i LOVE boys SO MUCH!!! And i can guarentee you that i will never ever like another girl like that. Because i wasnt born gay or bi. And no, i cant choose to like a girl, because its impossible.
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 6:28 pm

HiddenxEmbers wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
HiddenxEmbers wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

Actually no, i couldnt because i LOVE boys SO MUCH!!! And i can guarentee you that i will never ever like another girl like that. Because i wasnt born gay or bi. And no, i cant choose to like a girl, because its impossible.

i don't believe that if you really wanted to change then you can. it's not impossible they just choose not to change because they don't want to. it's not that they can't. if i truely wanted to start liking guys right now i could do it. but would i? no because it's against my beliefs as a christian. and you obviously don't have to be born gay or bi you apparently could go through a phase...
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 6:34 pm

BreakfastClub wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
BreakfastClub wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

I don't take this verse literally. Quite frankly, I consider it nothing more than an ancient law code. Don't you believe something similar to that? Take this for example: kill an ox that kills a man. You don't take that literally do you? I harldy take any of the Bible literally. Besides, the Bible was written 2,000 years ago by ancient scribes and monks that knew nothing about science. I don't really believe most of the outlandish events that are recorded in the Bible, such as the Flood, for instance. The very idea that a 100 year old man 2,000 years ago could have built a ship large enough to house 2 of every animal and that the ship could have withstanded the worst storm in history sounds absurd. And neither do I take those law codes in Leviticus seriously.

no matt i don't believe this is an ancient law code considering it's also written about in the new testament as well. i'm pretty sure we've got all the oxen under control today so we probably don't have to do that. and hey we put dogs down for attacking children don't we? isn't that kind of the same? well matt you have very little faith... there is a lot of proof there was a flood. why couldn't a man build a ship? he didn't do it by himself he had help. and who said it had to be the worst storm in history? raining for fourty days and nights i don't think it has to rain too hard to flood the planet if it's raining everywhere. do you take the bible seriously at all? are you also implying if these ancient scribes had known about evolution and other beliefs of modern science that they would have believed that rather than what they had written?
Back to top Go down
Crazy T-Shirt
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
Crazy T-Shirt

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Lukesed wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

That chapter is full of different sexual crimes, some of which are really despicable acts and some of which are laughable. Why you should pick this particular one to hate someone for is beyond me.

In literally five seconds on google I found a page with several interpretations of what verse 13 says and how it is translated from hebrew: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh3.htm

Now you may come away from this still believing your interpretation, but you simply must admit that there is another side that is at least worth admitting exists.

name me all of the sexual crimes you find laughable...

luke all 14 of those versions on that page just reinforced in my mind that being gay is wrong they all said the same thing... being gay is an abomination.

duh i'm still gonna believe my interpretation because you haven't shown me any dif. enterpretations.
Back to top Go down
BreakfastClub
WANTON SOUP!!!
WANTON SOUP!!!
BreakfastClub

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
BreakfastClub wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:
BreakfastClub wrote:
Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

no matt i don't believe this is an ancient law code considering it's also written about in the new testament as well. i'm pretty sure we've got all the oxen under control today so we probably don't have to do that. and hey we put dogs down for attacking children don't we? isn't that kind of the same? well matt you have very little faith... there is a lot of proof there was a flood. why couldn't a man build a ship? he didn't do it by himself he had help. and who said it had to be the worst storm in history? raining for fourty days and nights i don't think it has to rain too hard to flood the planet if it's raining everywhere. do you take the bible seriously at all? are you also implying if these ancient scribes had known about evolution and other beliefs of modern science that they would have believed that rather than what they had written?

I just don't find the idea plausible. I'll be honest with you: I am a man of doubt. I'm not just going to automatically believe everything I hear about the Bible. There actually is some evidence that there might have been a worldwide flood, but I'm not completely convinced that it happened. I'm implying that because they knew nothing about science, they could only interpret things that happened in nature by their religion. The idea that the Red Sea was parted by Moses sounds ridiculous. Maybe it did happen, maybe it didn't, but I haven't seen ENOUGH evidence to back up those claims.
Back to top Go down
Lukesed
Sexy Boobie
Sexy Boobie

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 7:10 pm

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

name me all of the sexual crimes you find laughable...
From that chapter, the one about shunning a couple becuase they had sex while the women was on her period jumps right out.

Crazy T-Shirt wrote:

luke all 14 of those versions on that page just reinforced in my mind that being gay is wrong they all said the same thing... being gay is an abomination.

duh i'm still gonna believe my interpretation because you haven't shown me any dif. enterpretations.

Did you read the page? Here are two straight off:

Quote :
In modern English this could be translated as:

"If two men engage in homosexual sex while on a woman's bed, both have committed an abomination. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

This does not generally forbid homosexual behavior between two men. It only limits where the act can be done.

Quote :
It is grounded in the old Jewish understanding that women are less worthy than men. For a man to have sex with another man 'as with a woman' insults the other man, because women are to be treated as property.

The verse in the new testament that mentions this is much less clear. The word that was translated to homosexuality could also just mean sexual perversion. So basically we are left with the OT, which is full of stuff we don't really believe, like the aformentioned kill your kids that talk back to you etc.

Quote :
and who said it had to be the worst storm in history? raining for fourty days and nights i don't think it has to rain too hard to flood the planet if it's raining everywhere.
LOL flooded the whole earth and not the worst storm in history, tell me which one was bigger. Also, in fact forty days of rain everywhere WOULD NOT BE ANYWHERE IN THE GENERAL VICINITY OF ALMOST REASONABLY CLOSE to covering the whole earth. A huge rain storm deposits several inches of rain per day, so even if we had a huge storm for 40 days everywhere on earth the rise in water level would be measured in feet not miles, as would be required to cover even the mountains in the middle east. I'm not even going to ask where the water came from or where it went. Oh and by the way, there is no real evidence of a gigantic flood 6000 years ago. That comes from kooky creationist scientists who don't get peer reviewed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Things I Hate About You   10 Things I Hate About You - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Things I Hate About You
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next